THESE ADORABLE GLUTEN-FREE MINI PANCAKE SKEWERS CAN BE SERVED WARM OR AT ROOM TEMPERATURE – PERFECT FINGER FOOD FOR YOUR HOLIDAY BRUNCH MENU!
As the craziness of the holidays starts to kick into high gear, we can all appreciate some shortcuts for making the most of our time. These Gluten-Free Mini Pancake Skewers not only look impressive as part of your brunch spread, but they can be made in advance. Who wants to be slaving over a hot griddle when you can be spending time with friends and family?
What I love about these bite sized ‘cakes is there are so many ways you can customize them to your tastes or to the seasons. I used a chocolate hazelnut spread and strawberries in these images, but you layer in peanut butter, bananas, apple butter or even pieces of sausage or bacon for a savory option.
- 1/2 cup Pamela’s® Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Sliced strawberries, chocolate hazelnut spread (or any other fillings you prefer)
- Combine pancake mix, sugar, egg, milk and oil in a bowl and stir until just combined. Allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. When griddle is hot, lightly mist with cooking spray. Drop batter by teaspoonful onto griddle. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip and continue cooking until golden brown. Remove from griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Thread pancakes onto skewers, alternating with berries and chocolate hazelnut spread. Cover if not serving immediately. Can be made up to 3 hours in advance.