Sweat it out and strengthen up with this routine from Ellie Houston.
Plank-to-Pike Leg Tap
Targets shoulders, back, and core.
- From a plank position, keeping heels lifted, exhale while piking hips up to the ceiling.
- Holding pike and squeezing right oblique, bring right hand to left ankle.
- Repeat for 10 reps on each side for 3 sets.
Curtsy Lunge to Warrior III
Targets glutes and core.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Lift right leg and step it back and to left, bending both knees to 90 degrees in a staggered stance (curtsy).
- Press into left heel to rise back to standing, then hinge forward at waist bringing torso parallel with the floor while extending right leg straight back from hips so body forms a T-shape, or warrior III pose.
- Repeat for 3 sets, 15 reps on each side.
Targets triceps, back, shoulders, and core.
- Start in plank or modified plank (knees on the floor).
- Externally rotate palms (fingers facing out) and place hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Press right palm into the floor keeping right arm straight while bending left elbow deeply, bringing chest toward the floor until left elbow touches ribs. Press back up.
- Do 10 reps on both sides. Complete 3 sets.
Walk-Out with Triceps Press
Targets back, shoulders, triceps, and core.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart. Inhale and extend arms overhead.
- Exhale while folding forward, bringing hands to floor. Walk hands out until in a plank position, then take a few extra steps with hands until arms are extended in front of body.
- Maintain core stability to protect low back. Lower elbows to floor, then press back up to extended plank.
- Walk hands back to feet and roll up to standing. Repeat 15 times. Do 3 sets.
Side Plank Side Crunch
- Start in side plank position (modification: lower bottom knee to floor).
- Lift top arm overhead and extend top leg to form one long line from fingertips to toes.
- Exhale bringing extended elbow and knee together in front of torso; draw belly button into spine, squeezing top set of obliques. Inhale to extend.
- Repeat for 10 reps on each side. Do 3 sets.